Thursday, May 29, 2014

Wanted to share my first ever decorated cookie. I made this cookie picture frame for a challenge on Cookie Connection, called Practice Bakes Perfect - Inspirational Challenge #1 - Funky Seventies Mother's Day. It is a challenge to encourage cookie decorating and practicing cookie decorating skills. For more about this challenge click here ->http://cookieconnection.juliausher.com/blog/practice-bakes-perfect-challenge1
Making this cookie was definitely a challenge for me, and it's not perfect, but I enjoyed making it and will continue practicing my cookie decorating skills. This cookie has six pieces, the back, the stand and the four pieces of the frame. It is decorated and held together with royal icing. I titled this cookie, Mom's dress, repurposed. The idea is that, the mom in the photo, made a fabric covered picture frame with the dress she wore in the photo. Deadline for this contest is May 31st, 2014 the random draw winner will receive a wonderful embroidered apron, straight from Genoa, Italy. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment