Friday, July 19, 2013

Amish Pumpkin Whoopie Pies ~ A Blue, Champion, and Best in Show Ribbon Winning Recipe!

  
It's that time of year again. Fair time! Time to get all of our entries to the fair so they can be judges for opening day, July 3rd, 2013. Good luck to all exhibitors! This is one of my entries.
It is the same recipe I posted about in a previous post. I received it from a generous lady at my daughter's school. We first tried these whoopie pies after choosing them in a cake walk at the schools Fall festival. After we tried them, we liked them so much, I ask the secretary in the office if she knew who had brought these whoopie pies in for the cake walk. The secretary knew who it was and requested the recipe for me. My daughter brought the recipe home in her book bag the very next day! All though I never personally meet this woman, I am so glad she shared this great recipe with me.

Amish Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
2 cups pumpkin
2 egg yolks
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

~Mix flour, spices, baking powder and baking soda.
~In a separate bowl, beat together pumpkin, egg yolks, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. gradually add dry ingredients, beating well.
~Drop by teaspoonfuls (I used a tablespoon) onto lightly greased baking sheet.
~Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 to 15 minutes, taking care not to burn.
~Let cool one minute on cookie sheet, then remove to wire cooling rack.
Filling:
~Beat 1/2 cup soft butter, 8-oz. soft cream cheese, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
~Gradually add in one pound of confectioners' sugar and beat until creamy.
~Spread generously between 2 cookies.
~Makes 2-1/2 -3 dozen 2-1/2 inch sandwich cookies.

* Recipe Source: A lady I never got a chance to meet personally. 
But I appreciate very much, her sharing this recipe with me. * 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment