Sunday, August 3, 2014


It's Fair Time!
Things were a little overwhelming for me this year during the Salem, Va. Fair. I only entered 2 baked items, one was my pumpkin whoopie pies and a peanut butter cookie. When I visited the fair on opening day, I did not see a ribbon on my peanut butter cookies. So I just thought they did not place. But I received a Salem Fair envelope in the mail today. Inside, was the exhibitor's tag for my peanut butter cookies and attached to the tag....a blue ribbon. So my peanut butter cookies did place! I received a 1st place blue ribbon. A special thanks to Melissa Bassett de Pineda, the Salem Fair exhibits coordinator, for taking the time to mail me my ribbon. She does a wonderful job seeing that everything involving the fair exhibits, runs as smoothly as possible. Just want to let her know, how much I appreciate all of her hard work! This made my day Melissa! I love surprises!

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed 
1 cup white sugar 
½ cup shortening 
½ cup butter, softened 
1 cup peanut butter 
½ teaspoon salt 
2 eggs 
2 teaspoon vanilla 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
2 ¼ cups flour 
The directions to this recipe can be found here  http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-best-peanut-butter-cookies.html
Recipe Source: Lou Lou Girls Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment