Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fruitcake Cookies

This is a Christmas cookie recipe that my family enjoys. Its a festive cookie that gives you the taste of fruitcake in bite-size portions. They can be made ahead and frozen. My daughter Ashley really liked this cookie alot.

Fruitcake Cookies
1 cup butter,softened
1-1/2 cups sugar (I reduced this to 1-1/4 cups)
2 eggs
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I did not use)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans (I used english walnuts, because thats what I had)
1 package ( 8-oz ) chopped dates
( 8-oz ) candied cherries, halved (I used extra cherry halves to top each cookie or you could use walnut halves)
( 8-oz ) candied pineapple , diced

~In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
~Beat in eggs.
~Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt: add to creamed mixture and mix well.
~Fold in the pecans, dates and fruit.
~Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
~Bake at 325 degrees F. for 13 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. remove to wire rack to cool.
~Yield: 8 dozen. 

Recipe Source:This recipe came from a Country Woman Christmas 1998 craft and cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment